Friday, June 4, 2010

Taylored Expressions(ish) Challenge 115

I made this card for last week's Taylored Expressions Challenge, but I ended up veering from the sketch a bit.

I had planned to make the butterfly the extra circle by the ribbon, but it just didn't look right. I also had planned to add some SU flower brads on the top and bottom, but they were too big for the space. I'm so mathy and rule-oriented that I always feel like I'm taking a walk on the wild side when I don't follow a sketch exactly (Yes, that's what passes for excitement in the corgi creations household).

The stamps are Verve Petals & Stems. I love this new-to-me old SU dp I found and wanted to use all the colors in it. So I stamped the flower using versamark onto Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink (I think--I'm never sure of the SU pink color names), embossed with clear embossing powder, and cut out. I did the same with the flower centers and butterfly with So Saffron paper. Then I used zots small glue dots to put it all together--I must say I like the thickness of these when I want just a little dimension.

I stamped the stems using Old Olive classic ink, which actually worked pretty well with the clear stamps. I can't pair the smaller stem in this set because it's too "wonky" when compared with the bigger one, (I'm not saying I don't have issues) so I just covered the bottom of the panel and stamped the bigger one again, making it shorter for the smaller flower. The sentiment from PTI Birthday Basics is stamped using Colorbox Rouge chalk ink. Can you believe how well that ribbon coordinates? It's some American Crafts that I've had for quite a while. After matting the image in old olive, I used foam tape to pop it up.

I think I've already mentioned all the supplies, but if you have any questions, let me know!

No comments: