Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Another Anniversary Card

First of all, the mystery has been solved: Dawn of Wplus9 was sweet enough to leave a comment and explain what Wplus9 stood for: 
Wplus9 is short for my last name "Woleslagle". W plus 9 letters. No one can ever spell it or pronounce it, so Wplus9 sort of became a nickname. (thank goodness it's not the Kate +8!)
 Although that does bring up a whole new mystery, how do you pronounce "Woleslagle?"*  In honor of the solved mystery, I made another card with the Wplus9 Woodgrain sets:

Edit: I got an accidental sneak peek of the Res-Q-Challenge for this week in my google reader.  Then I made the card and went to link to the post only to figure out the new challenges are posted on Fridays.  Doh!  I tied the twine around three times. 

Yes, this is another anniversary card, but no it's not for my hubby.  It's for my parentals--43 years next week!

This paper was the back of the October Afternoon Daydream ledger paper I used for my card yesterday, and I was just in love with it.  Not only that, but it's a perfect match for PTI's Aqua Mist.  I stamped the flowers with Versamark and clear embossed.  And then--then!!--I stamped the woodgrain onto Dark Chocolate with Versamark and clear embossed.  The result was heavenly; I almost hated to cover it with the image panel!  Extreme closeup:


Although I think my clear embossing powder has been tainted with some white, unless there's another explanation for the white specks that I'm unaware of.  

And did you check out that fabulous burlap twine?  Emily (aka Stampingout) was sweet enough to send me a bunch of it in different colors after I left a comment saying that I need to get some after seeing her wonderful rainbow card.  Thanks again, Emily!  The button was from PTI Ocean Tides stash, with the shank dremmeled off by DH.  Punched the tag and stamped Happy Anniversary from PTI's Mixed Messages.  

Are you still reading?  Well, my friend, have I got some blog candy for you:  in recognition of having over 100 hits (watch out, Beate!) and because this was a good book that wasn't worth much to sell on Amazon (wow, are you feeling the love?), one lucky random commenter from this post will win a gently-read copy of Addition by Toni Jordan.  I really enjoyed it as a nice summer read.  You may also choose to substitute Pride and Prejudice and Zombies or Confessions of a Counterfeit Farm Girl, neither of which I read more than 100 pages and therefore would not recommend, but hey, maybe they're right up your alley.  If history is any indication, you could possibly have a one-in-four or up to a one-in-one chance of winning!  I'll do a random number generator tomorrow evening.  I'm reading quite a lot this summer, so there may be more chances in the future for you as well.

6 comments:

Paulette said...

This is a beautiful card! It was featured on the SPS Facebook page, and I had to check it out! I almost looks like a silhouette from the thumbnail! I always love aqua/brown combos. My birthday is coming up, and I wouldn't mind getting this!! :)

Angela said...

Hey Meg -
Super-delicious card! Love the embossed woodgrain. How kind of Emily to send you twine!
Other random stuff: If I followed the Wplus9 formula, mine would be Hplus13. I have a really long last name.
Also: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is within arm's reach right now, on my stack of summer reading. I also have Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. I am both a lit geek and a lit-parody geek!
Ok, go get on with your life already!

karen h said...

Beautiful card Meg! The colors are awesome together. I love the background paper too.

Thanks for posting about Wplus9 (I had wondered myself). You lasted longer with the Pride & Zombies book than I did. I love Austin but I just didn't get that book. Maybe since Angela liked it I'll have to try again.

Emily Leiphart said...

Meg, you're hilarious! I loved reading your post. First of all, your card is insanely gorgeous. I love the idea of using watermark to emboss the woodgrain so it looks like the embossing folder (must get that which is never in stock). And aren't you lucky to have samples of that burlap twine! Please let me know where I can get some when you decide to purchase. ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE twine and the way you tied it x3....inspiring!

Dawn said...

LOL...in case you were still wondering:

wool-sleigh-gull

Beautiful card!