Thursday, June 3, 2010

Some Recent Favorites

Yesterday I updated my stamping index (I hadn't worked on it since last year!). I didn't get a new card made, so I thought I'd share some of my recent favorite cards that I've made.

I made this card for a VSN challenge to use the seriograph technique. Well, I didn't so much do seriograph as I used brayered background, but I ended up loving the results. I didn't even try to match the cardstock colors, and yet they ended up coordinating perfectly. How's that for fate?


I made this card for a Taylored Expressions sketch challenge. It was for my FIL's birthday, but after seeing it sit around on my DH's desk for a week, I asked why he hadn't sent it yet. He said it was too good for his dad! So now this card is residing on my DH's desk and I had to make another one for his dad. A little known Meg fact: I've recently become addicted to glossy accents.
...as you can tell in this third and final card for this post. My friend asked me to make a combination graduation and engagement card. Well, how the heck was I supposed to combine those? Then this idea struck and it was one of those that halfway through the card you know it's either going to be fabulous or end in tears and frustrations. Happy to report it was the former! The cans are toothpick pieces covered in tin foil. The fonts are Carmine and Dream Lover, which match the stamp set perfectly (I know, it would have been a great sentiment for the set but surprisingly Nichole didn't ask me about it before she made it).

Way too many supplies and such to list, so I'll just mention the stamp sets. If you have any questions, though, feel free to leave a comment. And even if you don't have any questions, feel free to leave a comment!

Supplies:
Stamps:
1st card: SU Upsy Daisy
2nd card: Stampabilities Snoopy's Airplane, PTI Birthday Basics
3rd card: PTI Enjoy the Ride

No comments: