Monday, June 21, 2010

CAS72 Craziness

Today's SCS CAS Challenge was a sketch challenge and I went a little crazy with it.  (Did you see Guest Designer (and fellow Alabamian) Melina's shabby chic card? Fabulous!)  This is the first card I made, which turned out not very CAS-y.  I also used the colors for Wplus9 Color Challenge (aqua, brown, green, orange) again.

I stamped PTI Dark Chocolate with Wplus9 woodgrain using Memento Rich Cocoa, then freehanded the tree and branches and cut out.  The bird is from the Wplus9 Woodgrain Additions set, stamped using Memento Cantaloupe onto PTI bitty dot paper in Summer Sunrise.  The sentiment is from Verve, with a PTI Vintage Labels border.  I die cut the orange using Nesties Label One, then traced around the outside of the die cut for the Kiwi Kiss border. The floral paper is PTI Green Tea Leaves.

I thought I should probably do a cleaner-and-simpler card and found these great Jenni Bowlin mini papers buried in my patterned paper drawer, which then led to two more cards!
Aw, look at the cute lil' puppy!!  I just picked up this stamp 40% off at Joann's and this puppy has been sitting on my desk pleading me to use it since then.  I stamped it using Memento Rich Cocoa, then used an aqua brush and a brown watercolor crayon to color it.  Some inking on the edges and called it done.

Finally, this was actually the stamp that started my whole card-making plans today!  It is the first time I've inked up the Wplus9 Funky Foliage.   The sentiment is from PTI Mega Mixed Messages and the papers are more Jenni Bowlin.

JoAnn alert: I saw in the paper yesterday that all Fiskars is 60% off.  I think I may have to break down and buy that new fancy paper cutter with the wire guide.  I have a tonic but I can't stand trying to read the measurements and I do love my old school Fiskars when I break it out.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

5 comments:

karen h said...

Great job with the sketch. I love the tree even if it isn't all that CAS (I have a hard time knowing where that line is...and I think it is pretty personal, well, not like political/religion personal, but whether you like apples or not :D ). The other two cards are great. That is an adorable doggy stamp!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, Meg, you've been busy! ;D All three cards are awesome. I really love the way you used the branches on the first one to follow the sketch and the other two are simply beautiful! I really love the variation in dps.

Angela said...

I dig all three -- super-creative take in the first one, and the second two have awesome mixes of pattern, which I really dig.
It's back into the studio for me today. I hope to catch up on challenges like this one!

Dawn said...

Beautiful Meg! I LOVE how that tree turned out. It looks so realistic. Fantastic!

Thanks for playing!

Elise said...

Your blog is CRACKING me up! {Hilarious dog shot in your blog header!} I'm all dizzy and swirly from enjoying your FANTASTIC use of Dawn's stamps and these dynamite colors... Then, there's just that fabulous puppy card... *swoon!* What FUN you have going on here! Thanks for joining the Color Cue! Yee Haw!