Thursday, June 10, 2010

Father's Day Card


Another Snoopy card for my DH's father, this one for Father's Day. Maybe this one will actually be given instead of staying on his desk. I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch--this week it's a prize week! I also submit this as exhibit 14a as proof that you cannot make a bad card with this paper from SU's Washington Apple pack. For some reason, I thought paper piecing this stamp would be easier than trying to match the colors in the dp. I started with stamping onto PTI Spring Rain and then stamped, cut out, and adhered using my xyron (in order from bottom layer):
Sand from PTI Kraft
Ocean from PTI (aptly named) Ocean Tides
Sun from SU So Saffron
Beach chair & umbrella from SU Chocolate Chip
Beach umbrella from PTI Bitty Star Paper
Beach chair from SU Washington Apple pack
Snoopy from PTI White
Beach chair rails from SU Chocolate Chip

Extreme closeup:
I think it ended up being worth the effort to cut out. I printed the sentiment using Ablemarle font. The ribbon is a Hobby Lobby $.99 spool that matches pretty nicely. I cut the scallop edge using my corner rounder with the corner guard removed.

Have you finished your Father's Day card(s) yet?

(another question--are the photo showing up ok for you? I'm struggling between making them big enough to see the card nicely versus running over the right sidebar. Fellow bloggers...what size do you normally size your photos to?)

6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What an adorable Father's Day Card! I love the Snoopy image and the bright colors you used. Awesome!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Meg, this is SO cute! I love your paper pieced Snoopy. The entire card is so colourful and happy!

karen h said...

Adorable card. I love Snoopy :)

I make my cards 600px (whichever is the bigger dimension - height or width). When I include it in a post the software makes a smaller version, but links to the bigger one if people care to click. I don't use blogger, but I would think you can do the same thing. I asked the question on my blog once and only got one person respond with "larger". For me I felt bigger was too big. I have a new laptop whose screen is wider than it is tall, so sometimes I can't get a picture on a blog where I can see it all at once. I guess all that to say - do what feels right to you. So far I think the size you've got works and I've never noticed it going into the right column.

C said...

This is just adorable, Meg! Great idea to paper piece this image!! I will have to remember this tip for scenic images.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just so cute! Love it!

Jamey said...

Great card - and the paper piecing gives it that little something extra!