Friday, June 17, 2011

Fabulous 44th!

Today is my parental's 44th anniversary, so I whipped out the ol' Silhouette. Well, to be honest, I tried stamping first...I was going to do an embossed SU Medallion behind the sentiment (like this card), but the glossy medallion just didn't work with the textured paper.  Yes, I broke down and bought some DCWV paper to use in the Silhouette.  It definitely lowered the frustration level I was having, especially paired with the hint to mirror the image, that way you get nice pretty cuts on the front of the paper.
This is some old Jillibean Soup printed kraft paper-isn't it gorgeous?

Silhouette Hint O' the Day: If you want your font to be a little bit thicker, but there's no bold option for it, offset it by about .02, then just use the offset to cut your paper  (I then went back and did a thicker offset for the black).

8 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Very classy, Meg!! This is will make a wonderful keepsake for your folks. :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Sooooooo nice!! Wow - that sentiment is just fabulous with the shadow!!

They will love this!
Congrats to your parents :)
Maria

Sue from Oregon said...

so pretty...I have silhouette envy.....

Lindsey said...

This is just beautiful, Meg! Will you ever pick up a stamp again? :P

Cheryl said...

Beautiful, classy card! The paper you used is gorgeous.

Angela said...

This is almost as cool as a little card that showed up in my mailbox yesterday :)

And I'm happy to hear that dcwv paper is good for something! It sure works here. I'm sure your parents love it!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oohhh, love the offsetting, Meg! This card is so classy and I love anything with kraft. :D

krafting kelly said...

That's a great Silhouette tip! I've actually cut that font in its regular thickness and the flourishes survived, but I think the stars must have been aligned that day (or my blade was new). Beautiful card! Love the kraft and red together.