Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Con-CAT-ulations!

One of my stamping friends recently acquired a new kitten, so I thought a congratulations card was in order:
See what I did there with the "congratulations" and "cat"?!?!  ;)  Of course I did this with my Silhouette.  The font is Chowderhead. I made a text box for each letter so I could easily move them around until I got the look I was going for, then I welded them.  I also took each letter in "cat" and scaled it to about 96%, then welded those three letters together to print in black.  The cat I traced from a clip art picture.  The paper is, of course, Echo Park.

Speaking of things that Addison does not allow in our backyard, we got a new bird feeder this year called a "squirrel buster."  The other day was the first time one of the squirrels made the leap to it, but the bars are on a spring, so the squirrel's weight makes the feeder holes close.  Here's a sequence of photos I took with him getting very frustrated and finally giving up:
Haha, suck it, squirrel!  If you're interested in your own Squirrel Buster, we bought ours here at amazon..

Hope you're having a great squirrel-busting day today!

8 comments:

Karin said...

Awesomely creative card! LOVE it and the ingenius birdfeeder :) Great pics!

Lindsey said...

LOVE this card, Meg! You even had Echo Park paper that looks like the kitten! The sentiment is brilliant.
I'm glad you shared pics of your frustrated squirrel... I've wondered if those birdfeeders work, and you've provided proof!

Angela said...

Well, you already know I love the card, and I think you are the best silhouette user EVER -- there's no way I'd have patience to work it as well as you do!

I think you need to scrap those squirrel pics -- they are too funny! My local bird store has a video running on a loop about those feeders, and the added "frustrated squirrel" sound effects crack me up every time :)

Smilie girl said...

I love learning about the silhouette via you. Rockin' card. Hilarious squirrel buster.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Love the play on words with the 'cat' and 'congratulations'! You are going to need to start teaching classes for that machine! you are rockin' it out!!

I love the sequence of photos too. What a great invention for that birdfeeder!! the squirrel's gotta be scratching his head!! lol

Maria

Crafty Math Chick said...

SQUIRREL!
~Meredith

Emily Leiphart said...

Meg, I LOVE the 'catulations card! You are doing such amazing things with the Silhouette, I think they need to have you on their DT!

Those squirrel photos are hilarious! I almost feel bad for it 'cause it's so cute but yay for the birds. ;)

lemondedis said...

ADORABLE !!! j'adore !... j'ai créé un lien ici : http://pinterest.com/lemondedis/freebies-fichiers-de-coupe-svg-gsd/