Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Earworm!

If you're looking for my house card post, go here!


Yes, you will be singing "on a bicycle built for two" for the rest of the day.  You're welcome.

I made this card for The Play Date Cafe's color challenge of barn red, slate blue, and grey.  Last night, I caved and bought a Silhouette subscription.  They were 25% off, so for $7.50 a month I get $25 worth of downloads--score!  That led to this PITA took three tries and still not perfect seriously what's with those spokes adorable tandem bike frame cutout.  The letters are Black Jack font, cut out of adhesive-backed paper.  Why has it taken me this long to be made aware of this invention?  I bought a little tiny pad at Joanne's and will probably be going back for more.

I think the dinner bell is ringing, so I better make this short and sweet!  Adios!

13 comments:

C said...

Such an enabler, you are! This is just adorable...alas, machines dont' speak the same language.

Lindsey said...

Oh Meg, I can't even come up with an appropriate superlative for this! Every single thing about this card is fabulous. I love it!

Sue from Oregon said...

i have a cricut and scale and dont NEED another machine, but oh so wish I had a Silhouette so I could case your lovelies! This would make a great wedding card!

Emily Keaton said...

Totally cute, Meg! Great job with those awesome challenge colors.

Fiona said...

Lovely silhouette Meg! Great job! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a great silhouette, Meg! LOVE your take on the color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Jessi Fogan said...

I can't believe no one else cursed you for the earworm yet. {And yes, I am...I first peeked at this last night, and it's been going through my head ever since. And I only know about 3 lines of the darn thing!}
That said, even though it was a PITA it turned out so neat - there's just something about a bicycle on paper that makes me happy. (Me on a bicycle, not so much...lol)

Ruby said...

Yes, I'm singing lol!!!! Love your card, especially how you've done the border! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Angela said...

took me an inordinate amount of time to figure out PITA. I prevailed, though!
Oh, and dang you for the earworm.
The card, on the other hand, is fabulous! The ability to cut gorgeous fonts is reason enough for me to crave a silhouette...but the bike? Amazing.

Emily Leiphart said...

I'm laughing at Ang's comment 'cause it took me a few seconds to figure out PITA, too, but I got it! ;) I LOVE this card more than bike stamps?!! No, that's not possible but your card comes pretty darn close and you better win! I love the font and I'm totally getting a Silhouette for my new house. :D

Tracey said...

LOVE this card Meg!!! SO jealous about the silhouette! Thanks for joining us at The PLay Date Cafe :)

krafting kelly said...

Very cute card! I love my Silhouette, too. Did you say that Joann's sells self-adhesive paper???

Cheryl said...

Great card! So cute! I love the colors you used.