Sunday, June 5, 2011

And the winner is...

Thanks to everyone who left a lovely comment (on any of my posts).   Maria is one of my most frequent commenters, and she has a heart of gold when it comes to helping both dogs and people, so I think the random number generator did a good job. BTW, if you're a dog lover, you should definitely pick up "A Dog's Purpose."  You might want to get a box of kleenex while you're out, too.  (Maria, I still haven't grown enough courage to pick up Merle's Door.  Maybe I'll just read the first 85% of the book and imagine that all the dogs involved continue to live forever [just like corgis do, right?].)

And what mystery prize did she win?  I must admit, I think it's a good one...
one stamp set from the a muse studio catalog!!!
See the catalog here and then email me your choice!

Now, don't feel bad if you didn't win, because you still get the chance to see an awesome card.  I am in love with it, but the pictures don't do it justice.
Yes, I cut out all of those leaves.  Yes, I did have claw hands for the rest of the night.  Yes, I did tear the paper as I was cutting the SECOND-TO-LAST leaf.  I stamped and embossed the tree (from PTI's Through the Trees) onto SU Whisper White, and the shimmery loveliness is just pure happiness.
I am now hard at work on a anniversary project.  I am currently in the "Seriously, one can of spray paint won't coat a two-foot-square piece of wood?" step, which I think is step 5 of 16.  Maybe it will be completed by Thursday.  Or by next year's anniversary.  We'll see.

8 comments:

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

OMG!!!!!!
I just clicked on your blog to comment and what an AWESOME Surprise I got!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!!
Lucky me!
You are so sweet with your comments about me :)

I think Merle's Door was easier to read then a Dog's Purpose...but there is still Kleenex alerts here and there!

Thank you for my gift!! I will go an look at the catalog now!


And your card is gorgeous! Holy crap - you cut all those leaves!!!!! WOW!

Maria

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

It's me again Meg!
Wahhhh, I can't find your email address!!
So........I guess I'll post my stamp choice here.....you are so kind!!

I think I'll go with the "Seashells" It's one theme lacking in my collection!!

Thank you again so much :)
Maria

Emily Keaton said...

That tree is STUNNING, Meg! I can't believe that you cut each leaf by hand. Will you be able to part with it????

JJ Bolton said...

Wowza! Every leaf? I have to say, the effect is extraordinary! Great project!

Jessi Fogan said...

How awesome that a frequent commenter won :) I always like to hear that!
Step 5, the 'good grief how much paint can I possibly need?' step, is well known to be the longest of the 16 steps. It'll fly after this one! lol
About your card - wow. Wow. That is all.

Angela said...

Holy cats, Meg, this is stupendous. I cannot believe you had the patience to do all that cutting. I almost want a video tour of just the card -- it must be even more amazing in three dimensions. Wow.

Also -- congrats to Maria! You'll love your set for sure!

Lindsey said...

You cut all those leaves. You are insane. Except the finished card is obviously worth it. Beautiful! Just don't decide to mass-produce them. :D

Emily Leiphart said...

Congrats to Maria!

Meg, I always KNEW you were insane and this just proves it. This card is totally gorgeous and if I were looking at it in person, I'd brush my finger tips across those leaves. LOL