Thursday, June 2, 2011

Time for a little Suess

Because really, doesn't everyone enjoy a little Suess now and then?  This card is a whole mish-mash of stamps: Taylored Expressions "Oh the Places You'll Go" for the sentiment, PTI's All Booked Up for the book, and A muse for the grunge sunrays.  A little Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red, and shazam, don't you just feel smarter by looking at this card?

This was actually a card from the ACAD submissions.  I fear my Silhouette has drawn me over to the dark side.  I tried stamping a card yesterday and I don't want to talk about it.  I Silhouetted a card today and I can hardly wait to show it to y'all (but there are spying eyes who can't see it yet, so you'll have to wait). 

And, appropriately enough, now it's Book Report time!
Book #16: The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall (click on the pic for amazon link).  First of all, I'm glad DH got me a Kindle for an early anniversary present because the hardcover version was a bit heavy (yes, I'm a book weakling).  This book was a bit slow to start, but once it got rolling, I couldn't put it down.  The author wrote the original Big Love article for Esquire, so he seems to know his business. That being said, I'm not sure I could recommend this book.  It takes a lot for me to recommend any book over 400 pages, because that is a lot of pressure to tell someone to devote that much reading time.  At 600 pages, it better be jaw-dropping and/or have a stash of gold hidden at the end of the book for me to recommend it. Which it wasn't and it didn't, so I won't 1.

Ok, are you still reading?  Good, because I, on the other hand, do have a stash of gold hidden at the end of this post.  Well, not really "gold" as much as some blog candy.  I just realized when I started this post that my blogoversary must be coming up, and what do you know, it's today!  So everyone who comments on this post between now and, let's say, Sunday noon (central) will be entered to win a mystery prize.  Of course it's a mystery to keep up the suspense, not because I had not prepared for my blogoversary, right?  Right.

1In Bruges, anyone?

10 comments:

Michellem said...

So I found your blog today after you left a comment at mine and I'm loving everything I'm seeing! Plus you are funny to boot!! How exciting to leave a comment for mystery "gold" except that #1 never wins, right??
Happy Blogoversary!

Emily Leiphart said...

Please don't tell me what your Silhouette has done because I might get one and never stamp again. Ya, right. I'm SURE you'll stamp again, Meg. :D I love this card and its combination of different brands. That sentiment is just awesome! ;) Oohhh, who knew you were having a blogovesary. I'd love to win mystery gold 'cause Meg's gold has to be CAWesome, right? :P

C said...

Hey, Congrats on your DT spot on the CAS team, Meg. Welcome aboard! It's already your blogaversary time? Where has it gone.

Lovely card,too!!

Jessi Fogan said...

You made the CAS team? Woot! Congratulations!
I love combining different companies' products, and you did so so well here. Love the rays coming from the book :)
I wondered about the Lonely Polygamist...we seem to share the same book opinions, so maybe I'll give this one a pass unless it lands in my lap.
Mystery gold, hmmm? Yummy :) I have blog candy coming up too, but I never thought of making it a mystery! Awesome idea.

Angela said...

Aww, I remember when your blog was brand-new! Feels like just yesterday. Or last year ;)

DUDE. I totally submitted a card using the same book stamp (also a reject), but yours is SO MUCH BETTER! A-mazing. Might be my new favorite. Those sunrays just slay me. And the quote. And the colors. Whew!

Book sounds interesting, but really, I'm in it for the In Bruges reference, for sho'. What a great film. There are a lot of alcoves in Bruges.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Corgi. That image is perfect! Happy Blogaversary! :o)

Emily Keaton said...

I'm definitely smarter from just looking at that adorable card, Meg!! Great sentiment.

I always enjoy reading your posts, Meg, and am so happy that you are out of school now so that I, selfishly, will be able to read your hopefully-posted-more-often blog posts! So happy to have found your gold stashed at the end of your post. Happy Blogoversary to you!! And may you have many more. :D

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

awww, great card!!! Love the 'beams' coming out of the book!!!

hey - not sure if you are on Facebook - but there's a page for 'A Dog's Purpose' - it's got great stories on it - in case you want to look for it!
I'm still passing the book around :)
Maria

Sue from Oregon said...

Darned if there is just not enough time for stampin, sewing, and cutting machines, etc! Can't wait to see you Silhouette card. Dr Suess card is cute!

Lindsey said...

Happy blogoversary! (And wouldn't you know it, autocorrect thinks that's a fine word. :P) And of course I love this bookish card. The colours you used make me smiler, too.