Sunday, June 26, 2011

Back from Vacation

Maybe you noticed my blog (and comments) have been a little quieter than usual...that's because we just got back from 10 days in Seattle and Vancouver!  We had a blast and took almost 1,000 pictures (988 to be exact).  If you want to see a small sampling, keep reading; if not, tune in next time when I promise I will post a card (maybe even a stamped one).

This was a waterfall we "hiked" to (for about 10 minutes) in Olympic National Park.
 We were also playing with our new camera and Mr Corgi took this (I think) very professional portrait.
He also took this shot of Seattle from the ferry.  Note the blue skies--it only rained two of the days we were there!
In Vancouver, they have a large suspension bridge to walk over, as well as this "cliffwalk" that is attached to the side of the cliff.  I was being a no-hands dare devil (note the look of terror) (also note the new haircut I got about two days before our vacation).
Another waterfall!  This one is the third largest in Canada.  Or British Columbia.  Or on this highway.  Ok, so I'm a little fuzzy on the tour details.
We spent almost an entire day at the Vancouver Aquarium.  We saw dolphins,
otters,
and bald eagles (I know-at an aquarium?  It's a summer thing for them and it was pretty awesome--they were flying just feet away from us!)
Even more awesome was that we got the chance to go behind the scenes and feed a sea lion!  If you ever go to an aquarium where they offer the chance to go behind the scenes like that, do it! 

I hope you enjoyed this segment of "what I did on my summer vacation." 

PS-With well over 1,000 unread posts in google reader, I just had to cut my losses, mark all as read, and start fresh.  I hope to be back to my normal commenting soon!

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

So glad you had a great time, Meg! And fabulous weather on the WET coast! You were lucky, indeed. Your pictures are awesome!

Cheryl said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a great time!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - looks like a great vacation!!!!!! I enjoyed looking at the beautiful photos!!
Glad you had great weather too :)

I feel the same about Google Reader........
And 1,000!!!!!!! Holy cow.......I would of done what you did :)

Welcome home!!
Maria

Angela said...

Look at you, cutie-pie :) Great pictures of you and the Mr....and the animals too, of course! Looks like so much fun.

Emily Keaton said...

Looks like you had a fun vacation--thanks for sharing your sweet photos!

Karin said...

Welcome back! I love the Pacific northwest and this is a great time of year there! Fantastic photos:)

Emily Leiphart said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these photos, Meg! You are adorable with your new haircut and sun hat! Thank you for the sweet otter pic, too. ;D

Jessi Fogan said...

Otters! {awww!}
Vancouver's where I'm from, so it's really neat to see someone else's perspective on my 'hometown.' Mind you, when I was back in April I didn't go to see a blessed thing...and now I kind of wish I had. I know I look forward to bringing my kids back to the aquarium some day. I always loved it :)
Awesome photos - can't believe you braved the bridge. Yikes!

Michele said...

wow, the cliff walk looks fun and scary! Cute photo!