Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Market Street Says BOO!

Time for my Market Street Stamps post! As soon as I saw the Halloween release from Market Street, I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this post.  I even sent out an email calling dibs on the idea.  So I hope you're ready for the spookiness that is about to occur...
Yes, you totally just jumped out your seats, didn't you?  It's a Halloween tree filled with Market Street's Sweet Spooks and Night Owls, two sets that are so cute they make it hard to spook (so I admit I added some extra spookiness in Picnik).  The tree is just a discarded branch that I spray painted black.  I stuck some oasis foam in an old black container, stuck the branch into the foam, and then hot glued some moss on top.  Then I just started stamping, embossing, cutting and hanging!  Here are some close-ups:
I used some Echo Park paper for the owls (look how nice that solid one stamped!) as well as for the orange tags that I stamped the skulls onto (as well as some spiders as you'll see later).  I embossed the webs onto vellum and added a black rhinestone to each one for the "spider."  The bats were embossed onto dark gray paper, then I accented their fangs with a white gel pen.
Here you can see that cute spider hanging out on some polka dotted paper, as well as glimpse of the fancy pearl I added to the skull.  Mr Ghosty was a bit too ephemeral to catch on film, but you should be able to spot him in some of the other pictures.
I also made this sign to go with the tree.  I just love some fun fonts, don't you?  The bat paper was in a $1.00 pack at Walmart, which I used to cover an 8x10 canvas.  I cut the words out of vinyl using my Silhouette, then added some Market Street bats using glue dots.

Here's one more look at the whole she-bang:
Happy Haunting, everyone!

7 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

This is definitely too cute to spook, but I love it! I would so like to make one of these if I didn't think the evil cats would destroy it in 2 seconds flat :)
I also love the artwork I spy there on the wall - how romantic <3

Jenny said...

This is definitely gonna be a Halloween talking point at your house, I love the decorated tree but that canvas is a brilliant idea as well :)
Jenny x

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Another out of the box idea outta you girl!!!!

How fun is that tree!!!!!!!! And I love the sign - those fonts are awesome!!!!

Great Great Great job!!!!

Maria :)

Lisa Lara said...

How cute is that Meg! Love it.

Angela said...

I already commented over on the MSS blog, but this is truly awesome! If it wasn't for the cats, I'd for sure be copying you, stat!

Lindsey said...

Hallowe'en brilliance, Meg! I love the tree and the canvas. The spooky ornaments have just the right amount of bling! And if I had a hope that my small-town Canadian Wally World had that paper pack, I'd be heading there right now. (I also love that you know the proper term for oasis. :P)

Emily Leiphart said...

How cute is this tree?! Those stamps are so perfect as ornaments!