Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hope You Can Cling To Two

No, I couldn't resist the to/two pun in the title. Two more Hope You Can Cling To cards today!  The first one is for Victoria's H.O.P.E. challenge, which stands for Having Only Paper Elements.  Of course I had to dust off the ol' Silhouette for this one!  I was inspired by Ellie Augustin's Green Christmas card on page 8 of Papercrafts Holiday Cards & More (psst...take a gander at page 61 while you're there).   Here's my pink take on it:
I typed each letter individually, made them all 2x2, then welded them together in Silhouette Studio.  I also tilted the O like the iconic LOVE statue.  Cut out from PTI Berry Sorbet (hint: this is a super-thick paper, so I told it to recut 5 times. And yes, I finally broke down and ordered a new blade.)  I adhered it  with foam tape, then added a punched pink ribbon.

The next one is for Lori's Colors of Hope challenge:
You would not believe the number of misstamps this card involved (which is the one issue with one layer cards).  Ugly green ink, crooked trunk, sun stamp falling off the block, inky fingers...arg!  

I'm also entering this one into the One Layer Wonder challenge this week.  The challenge is to make and send a one layer card to someone who needs some support.  Additionally, Jennifer is asking you to make a $5 donation to the cause of your choice.  May I recommend Swimming for Katie?

12 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Super fabulous cards, Meg! I love the letter blocking on the first. Simple and GORGEOUS. :)

karen h said...

Love the silhouette hope card - and how you tilted the O. You really are incredible with that machine!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Well, it doesn't look like card #2 had so many problems!!!

And that HOPE is terrific! Dust off your silhouette? I doubt that!!! LOL

Two more GREAT cards :)

Maria

Lindsey said...

I'm amazed it's taken till now to need a new blade! (Or is this your third or fourth, perhaps?) I love the take on that iconic LOVE on your first card. The second card is a perfect OLC, and I so hear you on how hard they can be to pull off.

Sue from Oregon said...

Wonderful cards...looks like you managed to make a wonderful OLC after all those issues!

Emily Keaton said...

Awesome cards, Meg! Your one-layer came together beautifully in the end. :)

Jenny said...

Another couple of terrific creations Meg. Love the crooked 'O' :)
Superb stamping on the OL card too .
Jenny x

Jessi Fogan said...

Like your Silhouette had to be dusted off! *scoff!* I love your take on the "Love" statue. To me, that makes it say both hope & love, if you know what I mean.
I so hear you on stamps falling off the block - talk about a major PITA. Whenever it happens to me (like at least twice yesterday) it's always for the very last cotton-picking element, and always on a card that, prior to the mishap, was of course totally perfect in every way. Gah!
For all the tries, the final result is awesome. And also why I just don't do one-layer cards much. I value my sanity ;)

Emily Leiphart said...

I love these, Meg! That Silhouette HOPE card is awesome and your one-layer is beautiful for this time of year.

Anonymous said...

love them both, but that hope card is stunning!

Angela said...

I seriously doubt your silhouette has dust on it, unless it's a dust storm raised by your fast and furious crafting!! Both cards are lovely: the iconic Hope makes me happy, and the one-layer woodsy wonder is delightful -- the oopses were worth it!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh now how did I miss these? Oh that hope one knocks my socks off. Uh huh. Thank you for shaing in my day Meg! Hugs. You are dirt pile material for sure!