Thursday, April 14, 2011

You Did It!

This quick CAS card is for my brother-in-law.  He's running the Boston Marathon as a fund raiser for Elixir, a organization focused on cancer patient and caregiver support.  You can read more about the organization and my BIL's fund raiser here.

Since I do not run unless chased by velociraptors, I did not have any running stamps.  So I went online and found a free font, 4yeo Sport Font, that had this image in it. I printed it onto PTI cardstock, then stamped my new A muse Grunge Sunrays stamp using Chomomile Fresh pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder (I used the end of my embossing spoon to gently scrape away the embossing from the silhouette).   Added a PTI Lemon Tart border and adhered it with foam tape onto a Spring Rain base, stamped with a sentiment from PTI's Enjoy The Ride. 

I've also been hard at work at somebody's birthday card but I don't want to ruin any surprises, so I'll wait until the weekend to post it. 

9 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

This is fantastic, Meg! The little runner against the grunge sunrays is so perfect. A great CAS. Your brother-in-law will love it!

Angela said...

This is so wonderful -- love the rays, love the runner, love the image of you being chased by velociraptors ;)

Oh, and that color combo makes me happy. I might have to steal it.

Emily Keaton said...

Wow, this is so creative, Meg!! That was some excellent thinking to come up with a font containing just the kind of thing you needed for a runner card. And, yeah, I think I'd be running if chased by velociraptors, too ;).

~amy~ said...

This is absolutely fabulous....love the pop of colors...

Karin said...

Awesome card! I love the color combo :)

Lindsey said...

Velociraptors, maybe. T-rexes, almost definitely. :) But I'm glad there are people like your BIL, willing to run FOR a great cause. And speaking of great... love this card! Love those sunrays and your colour combo.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Great card!!! What a terrific one for someone running a marathon! Wishing him the best of luck! I run, but no more than 4 miles....I get bored (oh yeah...and TIRED) if I try for more :)
Maria

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Great CAS card - best of luck with your friend in the Marathon!!
~Meredith