Sunday, April 3, 2011

Follow The (Ink Blended) Edge!

I combined two challenges in making a card this morning: Splitcoast's Try a New Techinique "Follow The Edge" and PTI's Make It Monday "Ink Blending."

I first stamped PTI's Through the Trees tree using A Muse's French Roast and Fern ink, then clear embossed them.  I then used the Fern ink, along with A Muse's Sky ink, to ink up the background.  The sentiment, from PTI's All Booked Up, was stamped in French Roast.  I cut out the side (for the "Follow the Edge" challenged, adhered it to the Dark Chocolate base, then cut the base to match.   I wanted the inside to look book-y, so I added some Antique Linen distress ink to the edges, then stamped PTI's Text Style I using SU Crumb Cake ink.  I used PTI's Mat Stack 1 die as a mask for the PTI Enjoy The Ride birthday sentiment:
I didn't even plan it, but the curve of the mat stack die matches the curve on the outside.  Sweet!

16 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

OMG, Meg, my mouth is hanging open! This is freakin' awesome!! Your sponging is amazing and I love the shape of the curve. How very cool that it happened to match the masked die on the inside.

Angela said...

Meg, this is seriously stunning. The inking is perfect, the sentiment is glorious paired with the tree, and the inside? Whoa. So amazing.

Off to wipe up the drool....

Mad for Paper said...

What a perfect card. I love the curve with the text behind it.
TFS
Ang

Emily Keaton said...

So, so cool, Meg!! I'm lovin' that booky inside. Great card!

Crafty Math Chick said...

This is great, love the blending at the bottom and the booky looking inside as well.
~Meredith

Lindsey said...

Card-making perfection, Meg! Love that curved outside giving a peek of the elegant inside. And that quotation? Perfect.

Tigriswillreign said...

This is beautiful and so unique! I will def have to try this!

Stephanie said...

Meg..........This is just down right gorgeous!!! I hope you get mentioned today via FB for this beautiful creation. You surely deserve it!

Jennifer T. said...

Gorgeous card!

Cheryl said...

Oh wow Meg! I love this!



~Cheryl~


Check out my blog candy!

~amy~ said...

wowza!

Peggy K said...

Beautiful!!

Joanne H. said...

Meg, this is totally awesome and I NEED to add it to my CASE list~may I? How did you get the curve so even? I LOVE this card!! Amazing work!!

*fsm* said...

this is amazing! can't wait to try this technique myself. good job :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Meg - this is fabulous!!!!!!!! Absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!!
Love it!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Stunning card! I love how you made the inside, too!! The ink on the outside is so perfect!