Tuesday, April 19, 2011

From The Corgi

Of course Miss Addison had to make a card for Mr Corgi's birthday!
She kept it pretty CAS, what with the lack of opposable thumbs and such.  Can you believe how well she colored that stamp from There She Goes "Puppy Love" set?  There was also some fur in my Antique Linen distress ink, so I think she may have used that to color in the sign with an aquapainter.  I had to help her use the cuttlebug to die cut those banners (the C plate, Addison, the C plate![1]), but she tiny-attached them and foam taped them all by her onesies.  And corner-rounded the top corner, too! 

Also, I just had to share this photo I took this afternoon (with apologies to all those poor Northerners still stuck in snow):
Isn't that just gorgeous?  We just got this at Lowe's this weekend and I hope the other four or five buds blossom before I kill it  (I'm all about setting realistic goals).

Anything growing in your garden yet?

[1]Typing this line about made me pee my pants. I grew up watching Lassie every morning (shocker, huh?) and my favorite episode was where Timmy's mom gets trapped in a cougar trap, so she sends Lassie to get the C-clamp.  Except Lassie comes back with a cheese slicer instead!  Silly Lassie!  So Ruth repeats, "No, the C-clamp, Lassie!  Get the C-Clamp!"  I searched for a video to link, but I couldn't find one.  So I hope someone out there can back me up on how awesome that episode is, or you'll just have to take my word for it.

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

And here I would have thought Lassie would have got it right the first time. :D If you read this before Miss A, please pass along my compliments. She put together a great card! I'm especially impressed with how precisely she used the tiny attacher on her banners!

~amy~ said...

SWEET card...love the banners! Gorgeous bloom!

Karen H. said...

Love that card! Now if I was as talented as Miss Addi, I'd be quite happy ;)

Crafty Math Chick said...

What a wonderful job Ms. Addi did! I am so happy nothing got stuck to her fur! Hope Mr. Corgi has a wonderful birthday. Are you going to get him an ice cream cake? We stopped at DQ after the hospital today and they looked so good, LOL!
~Meredith

Angela said...

Addison has some serious design skillz! She must've gotten them from you ;)
I nearly snarfed coffee on my laptop reading your description of her thumbless, fur-filled assembly process.

Oh, and MY peonies are growing...they're a whopping 4 inches tall. Oy.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

LOL - love the 'from the dog' cards! I have to remember that when it's Lily, Nolie and Layla's daddy's bday! Hmmm, Father's Day is coming up!

Love the whole card!! Banners are great and the TSG's stamp is great. Addison rocked it!!

Gorgeous picture. I'm not jealous or mad......our time will come in CT...just not today 43 degrees and overcast!!

Maria

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, how cute, Addison!! ;D I love that little puppy (gotta get that set) and the tiny-attached banners (gotta get that tool, too). Oh, Addison, you are such an enabler!

Karin said...

Super cute and I love that peony! What a fab color!

KER said...

love the banners...and that cute pup...i passed a blogger award on to you...you can find it on my blog...http://www.pigtailone.blogspot.com...thanksfor sharing your talent

Jocelyn Olson said...

Love the banners and the coloring on the pup is awesome! Fantabulous card!! I used to love watching Lassie, too, but I don't recall that episode. Sounds like a doozy--would love to see it ;)

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! I LOVE the layered banners. Super cute!