Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hello Out There!

Ok, this is getting ridiculous now.  My stamp desk and blog have been feeling so neglected.  On the other hand, my powerpoints for school have been rockin' recently, so maybe I should just start posting those instead, in case you wanted to catch up on your high school math in the middle of your crafting. 

What's that?  You'd rather see a card instead?  Ok, I guess you caught me in a good mood, so I'll share one.

After seeing this photo, I feel like maybe I should turn the card 90 degrees to the left (and also rotate the sentiment banners).  I used Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch from I-don't-want-to-talk-about-it weeks ago.  All sorts of October Afternoon Thrift store happening here.  Maybe too much?  I am in love with that Impress flower, though. 

Book Reports:
Book #9: Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer.   I was suckered into buying this when I read a review somewhere that compared it favorably to Malcolm Gladwell.  Yeah, notsomuch.  A few of the memory tricks were pretty neat, but there just wasn't much "umph" to the story.  Based on the other reviews, I may be an outlier. 

Book #10: This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper.  Perfect vacation book--laugh out loud with lots of good scenes.  Makes me want to read more of his books. 

Book #8 Update: The Help comes out in paperback Tuesday!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

No, certainly not too much! That Impress flower is all kinds of awesome, too, especially the way you've coloured it! Love how you did the sentiment, too.
Good to know about the Foer book... I've seen all kinds of positive reviews and fawning interviews and was thinking it might have to go on my reading list. Now, as you said, notsomuch. Off to check into the Tropper book!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Pretty card. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing the Powerpoint slides too. I like math. :) Hope you are having a good weekend, give Addi a hug from me.
~Meredith

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Gorgeous!!!!! I dont mind the panel going vertically!! That flower is beautiful!! I have to say I miss your postings!!!!

I just bought a BOATLOAD of books at border's bc they are closing here in Stamford. Gotta get the Help and will check out the Trooper book!!
Maria

Emily Leiphart said...

This card makes me smile, Meg! You put so many beautiful papers together so perfectly. I love it!

Thanks for the great review on Tropper's book(s). I'm going to put him on my wish list. ;)

Emily Keaton said...

Love your card, Meg! It's dripping with OA goodness--you can't have too much of a good thing. :) And I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some of those rockin' HS math powerpoints! Feel free to throw in some of those any time. ;)

Angela said...

Ooh, I love all the patterns here -- a card after my own heart (and I like it just the way it is, too). I was wondering about that Foer book -- Thanks for the "outlier" review.
I just loaded up the Kindle pre-trip, so I'll add Tropper to my post-trip list for sho.
Oh, and my blog/desk/supplies are super-neglected too...and unlike yours, they remain so....

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card! I love all the layers and details. I love the paper you used (some of my favorite!)

~Cheryl~


Check out my blog candy!