Monday, December 5, 2011

Best Comment Ever + Paper Sparks Challenge

I have been totally remiss in awarding my Official Best Comment of the Year Award, which was not really an award category until I saw Jenny's comment on my post about Maria's birthday card. The card read "Happy 39th* Birthday (*plus shipping and handling).  Here is Jenny's comment:

Totally awesome.  I wish I knew a nine-year-old stamper for whom I could make that birthday card. Jenny, email me your address so I can send you a fabulous prize package!

In other news, I finally got around this weekend to playing in the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.  Here is the inspiration picture:

And here is my card:

Oh, shiny paper, how I love thee!

I arranged the snowflakes in the Silhouette Studio to mimic the plates, then cut them out of that gorgeous DCWV metallic paper, then layered some Aspire Petalics paper behind it.  I wanted to use Mr Mouse's cheese for that pop of yellow, but it just didn't seem to work.  So instead Mr Mouse (from Santa Paws) is staring up in awe of those huge snowflakes (which, as an added bonus, I have cut out to use on other cards).  I cut Mr Mouse out of grey cardstock, and I love how his tail got a little 3D curl to it while I was cutting it out, don't you?

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Well I didn't expect to see it was my comment!! So glad I made you smile and thank you so much ;)

Fantastic card, love how you've used snowflakes in place of the frames! A cute CAS card :)
Jenny x

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

lol - too funny!!!

Great great xmas card!! Love those snowflakes and I can understand your love of the metallic paper!!!

CUTE mousie!!!!!!

Maria

Lindsey said...

Complete and total shiny cuteness, Meg!

Audrey said...

I love those beautiful punched snowflakes and that cute little mouse. Thanks for playing along with us! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, I loved Jenny's comment, too! You know how I feel about that!! And, um, I had no idea that you owned Santa Paws but I'm glad you do. Luckily I didn't send you that set. ;) I love your darling mouse staring up at the snowflakes! Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

Jenny's comment made me actually laugh out loud - as we say often around here, it's funny because it's true :)
I love how Mr. Mouse is looking at the magical glittery snowflakes - and I really adore the punny sentiment.
The school meeting is today - hah! - hopefully there will be no tears nor arrests. Ahem.

Jen W. said...

PTI? Are you paying attention???

Love Mr. Mouse and his curly tail. Not sure if he's in awe of the huge snowflakes or all the shine!

Anonymous said...

Ha - Jenny's comment was the best!

Super fabulous take on the SPARK image. I love it!!!!

Crafty Math Chick said...

This is totally adorable Meg - you ROCK that Silhouette woman! I total want one but know I could never create the things that you do with it. I totally love this sweet card. Sorry I have not been around to comment as much lately - tutoring shifts have picked up, and I REALLY need the money! Sending hugs anyway...
~Meredith

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOOVE that little mouse looking up at those snowflake die cuts!! FAB card:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)