Saturday, December 17, 2011

You are such a dorg!

My blogger friend Jessi mentioned a while back that her kids loved the word "dorg," which Mr Corgi uses to describe Addison when she's being a dork.  So of course I had to make her a dorg card, right?
Man, that dorg still cracks me up, and Jessi said her kids got quite the kick out of it, too, which I'm glad to hear.  I used a silhouette file for the dorg and another one for the glasses, then printed the definition using word (hint: I just copied and pasted the pronunciation from google).

So in the exciting world of teaching, I gave my final tests today and now just have a couple days left of crowd control next week.  Yippee!  Have I mentioned the farthest we're traveling over the holidays is to Atlanta?  I'm so excited to spend Christmas at home.  What's kind of funny is that Mr Corgi bought me a Charlie Brown Christmas tree since I've been wanting one, but they are always sold out.  I got to open it when it came about a couple weeks ago and we put it on the dining room table.  Then both of us said at the same time, "That's a good enough tree for me!"  So yes, the one year we're home to enjoy our tree and we're being lazy scrooges.  At least I bought Mr Corgi the Hallmark airplane ornament, so now there are two ornaments on our Charlie Brown tree.  And it makes me happy every morning, and isn't that what a Christmas tree is supposed to do?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! LOVE. Just had to throw one more in.

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, I saw this card on Jessi's blog and thought it was the cutest thing! (Well, one of the cutest things you've ever made. :P) I loved it then and I love it again now! We had a Charlie Brown Christmas tree for years and I miss it this year. Those little Hallmark ornaments are the best!

Jessi Fogan said...

Yay! for dorgs :) This card has a permanent place on the shelf above my desk, and the kids can't stop telling Abby that she's being a dorg. Seriously. Coolest thing ever :)
And Charlie Brown trees rock - we always refer to ours as one. And it's not lazy or scroogy to go little with the Christmas tree, so long as it's making you happy!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

omg - that dorg is adorgable!! I love his glasses and cockeye eyes!!

At least you are doing a tree this year - we didn't even bother. I can just imagine Taz ripping it down..........so...no tree!!!!

Glad you're hanging in for the holidays!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Maria

Lindsey said...

Love the dorg! (Hmm, a cat dork would be a corg?, and that's just too close to corgi for comfort. Maybe cork, instead. Mmm, wine.) Charlie Brown Christmas trees are the best!

Jenny said...

Okay so I just had to google a Charlie Brown Christmas tree and I have to say they are cute so too is your Dorg card, especially love his glasses!
Jenny x

Smilie girl said...

It totally encapsulates the meaning of Dorg! Such a gorgeously fun card. :)

Smilie girl said...

Oh and enjoy your well deserved break from crowd control. My international teacher friend only got the one day off for Christmas last year while teaching in China. This year she is teaching in Costa Rica and gets 2 months off.

Sue from Oregon said...

Aww Meg...your silhouette cards had me shopping @ the Sil Store all night. I am amazed at how you can make them come alive with your designs and paper choices! How inspirational. And thanks for the tip on the YEAREND sale...$8 a month...I can do that LOL! I have a few sil questions for you, but will email you sometime when it is not bedtime!