Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tags, tags, and (you guessed it) tags!

First of all, a much belated thank you to Angela of Paper Cupboard for this ultra-fabulous Thanksgiving card:

I love how Angela has no fear of mixing papers and always comes up with the most creative accents!  I love the little fabric trim, the stickles in the middle of the eyelet border, and the wonderful shimmery glittery accents she added to the wreath berries.  You can read all about it on her blog here.

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted a card!  You know how it is around the holidays (and the end of the semester).  I've been hard at work this week making gifts for my fellow teachers...a set of holiday gift tags.
I try to have fun making the tags, remembering that the point is that they are handmade and each one does not have to be perfect!  I also try to make an eclectic mix, and this year was no different:
Clockwise from top left (you can always click on the pic above to get a bigger view):
Joyeux Noel: Oooh, I love this fun retro look.  The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse, and the snowflakes are from all sorts of different sets (I arrange the stamps, then stick a block over all of them so I can stamp them all at once), embossed with some Zing embossing powder.
Merry Kiss-mas: Used PTI's Tiny Treats: Christmas and Mat Stack 1 die.  I added some white gel pen to the mistletoe.
Deck the Halls: Waltzingmouse Vintage Labels 4 combined with PTI's Tiny Treats.  If you plan cleverly, you can get 13 of these labels from one sheet of paper.
Oh, deer: PTI's Fillable Frames 9 plus Tiny Treats.  I didn't buy the die for this frame, but they were pretty easy to cut out and you can get 24 tags from a sheet!
Merry Christmas: Waltzingmouse stamp, love the vintagey look of PTI's Fine Linen
Is it too late: The Cat's Pajama's stamp, added some white gel pen and stickles accents.
Warm Wishes: Waltzingmouse Vintage Labels 4 combined with PTI's Tiny Treats.
Let it Snow:  PTI's Fillable Frames 9 plus Tiny Treats.  I love the icy look of the Brilliance ink.
Be Merry and Bright: Ah, my absolute favorite and so easy!  Waltzingmouse stamp and sentiment, heat embossed with silver.

I stamped the "to/from" from Fillable Frames 9 on the back of each tag.  Also, in case you were wondering, I used Versafine Satin Red for all of the red ink on the tags--it is such a wonderful red, and I don't know why I always forget about it!

Whew!  Glad that project is checked off!  Now I need to make a few more cards and then start wrapping some presents.  Oh, and I guess make some tags for me to use!  :)

How are you coming along on your Christmas to-do list?

7 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for the love, Meg!
Your tags are great! What a cool gift idea. I have to make about 50 of whatever I'm doing...so I make bookmarks instead. Tags would be great for those "special someones" though. Ack, love the Waltzingmouse goodies...I feel an enabling episode coming on!

Lindsey said...

I have a serious case of tag envy! These are fabulous... your fellow teachers better appreciate them! I'm still trying to get over the idea of teachers giving gifts to their co-workers... you must work in a NICE school. :P

Emily Leiphart said...

I love Ang's card! I loved it when she made it and it's nice seeing it again here! Your tags are awesome. I really love all the ones using WMS, especially that embossed star, and I seriously need to get some of their stamps... maybe for Valentine's Day. ;)

Crafty Math Chick said...

These look terrific Meg! How sweet and generous of you to make tags for all of your colleagues! You are such a kind soul - my huby asked how you were doing last night and said the troops are still continuing to enjoy the DVDs you sent to them overseas during their downtime. :)
~Meredith

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Meg - these are awesome!! I love the middle star the best! So elegant!!!
Maria

C said...

Hey,Meg...this are adorable...love the mix of colors, styles and shapes. Sorry I've been MIA, too much Ho,ho,ho and not enough time. Glad I popped in for this.

Kristy Smith said...

Oh my goodness, these are too cute! I love the homemade tags so much! Just further evidence that I need a die-cutting machine!

Also, I tagged you in a little blog trivia over on my blog! Check it out! =)