Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Santa's Farm

So I have a certain fondness for farm animals.  Especially farm animals that are doing everything they can to help celebrate Christmas.  Case in point: these guys.

My goodness, I could totally write a post on how many attempts it took to get this card from idea to finished card.  Let's just say I have enough of each animal cut out to make at least two more cards.

The stamp is "All the Animals Stacked Up" from Eat Cake Graphics, stamped on October Afternoon and Stampin' Up patterned paper and heat embossed with black (makes it a bit easier to see on the patterned paper and to cut out).  I stamped the entire image onto Papertrey Ink Ripe Avocado and cut it out, leaving a small border.  Almost all of the animals could fit through the small Xyron adhesive runner, which I love to use to adhere paper pieced things.  To get Miss Bessie Cow through, I took out the cartridge from the X and it gave me enough room so she just fit.

I stamped the message (also from ECG) onto some kraft and tried out my new distress ink (fun!).  Then the whole stack was popped up with dimensionals onto some Echo Park Christmas paper (yes, more distress ink practice the edges), bordered with Ripe Avocado and kraft.

I'm just sayin' that the recipient of this card better love it or I'm asking for it back.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Love it when your posts go live while I'm online :)
Another thing I love? THIS CARD! Those animals are just adorable, and it was witty and cute and somewhat insane of you to piece them all...and trim them twice...plus your extras!
Merry indeed.

Sharon Huffman said...

Those animals are adorable!

Lindsey said...

This card is SO much fun! I love all the different patterned papers you used. And gosh, now you have a bunch of extra farm animals to play with, too! :P

Emily Leiphart said...

This is SUUUUPER DUPER, Meg!! I love farm animals, too, especially when they're ultra cute and silly like these ones! I love the way you paper pieced them all and then stacked them. They're as excited about Christmas as I am! :D

Emily Keaton said...

This is absolutely adorable, Meg!! My 8YO agrees--"soooooooooo cute!" he says. I can totally relate to your feeling that the recipient had better LOVE it or you want it back. :) Looks like you had fun with this (even if it was a bit trying). Farm animals are so much fun!!