Monday, December 20, 2010

Hellllooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

My apologies for such an extended blog break!  You know how the holidays are!  But I finally got some cards made this weekend, so I have lots to show you over the next few days.  First up:
Making a doggie christmas card with new stamps + watching Survivor finale = vacation happiness!


I started with Eat Cake Graphic's A Scarf for Ferguson.  I took some SU Pumpkin Pie paper and crumpled it until it was soft enough to pull apart into two layers.  I then rolled this felted paper through the cuttlebug with just an embossing mat and cardboard shims to flatten out some of the "extra-felted" portions.  I stamped Ferguson on two sheets, and cut out his ear so it would fold up on one.  I layered the second one underneath so you wouldn't see polka dotted paper, and used a small piece of dimensional tape to prop the ear a little.  The scarf I stamped and cut out from some Echo Park paper-I also stamped and cut it out twice so I could have the pattern going opposite ways for a more realistic look.  I fringed the ends and also popped them up on small dimensionals.


The window is from Waltzingmouse's Twas the Night Before Christmas, embossed and cut out from SU Chocolate Chip.  The shutters and sentiment are stamped onto Close to Cocoa and Santa is stamped onto Not Quite Navy, with some stars added with a stardust pen.

The background paper is also Echo Park.  It's a big card--8 1/2 by 5 1/2--but I think Fergie deserves a nice big card, don't you agree?

I hope all your holiday plans are going well...I just sent off gift packages and cards today so all I have left to do is wrap DH's gifts!  It's nice to have almost a whole week to enjoy the tree and lights without present-buying-and-wrapping stress, and hopefully that means some more stamping time, too!  Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Crafty Math Chick said...

Cool technique on Fergie for his fur! And I love that little window and how he is looking out it at Santa. Happy Vacation Buddy!
~Meredith

Angela said...

Ferguson is adorable -- what a great way to use that felty technique. Love the little scene out his window too -- I think he's hoping Santa will bring him some treats. :)
Happy break!!

Emily Keaton said...

Such a sweet card, Meg! I love all the attention to detail you gave this: your felted pup, the shuttered window. Awesome! Enjoy your less hectic week. I wish I could say I were looking forward to the same, but project deadlines loom and I will be tapped out. Can't wait to see some more of your awesome creations this week, though!! Bring on the Meg-ilicious eye candy!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Eeek, how cute is this! I LOVE the crumbled paper for the sweet puppy and the way he's looking out the window is genius!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

MEG! This is so darn cute!!!! I just love that dog and how you crumpled and separated the paper to make his fur look real. You clever girl!
The fact, that he is looking up at the window makes this card ALL the more precious. I LUUUV this!

Merry Christmas to you and yours if I don't "see" ya again before Christmas! ;)

Lisa Lara said...

This is sooooooooooooooo cute Meg. I love how you did Fergason. Smart girl. Clever. The shutters are awesome.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Awesome!!! I just absolutely LOVE IT!!!
Maria

Lindsey said...

It would take me at least a week just to make a card like this, so no apologies needed for the blogging break! This is an amazing card. The only drawback to the week before Christmas off... how EARLY it seems when it's time to go back! :P

Cheryl said...

Cute! I love your ingenuity with the paper piecing.