Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Ok, one last Christmas card!

Now this card did make me see the genius of having a computerized cutting machine, because, yes, I cut all the letters out by hand.  I created the card in Word using WordArt, which makes it handy to play with the layout by moving, resizing, and rotating each word.  The font is Gill Sans.  I printed it directly onto the Echo Park patterned paper in a light grey and cut out using a craft knife and glass mat. I adhered it to another sheet of Echo Park paper using a glue stick.  Hint: an old magazine is great for this-just throw away the page after it gets all gluey!  The heart was punched out and popped up. And then the awesome part...

wait for it....


wait for it....


wait for it....

Heck yeah!!!!  (I couldn't resist adding some festive Picnik lights).  I did the same thing as above: printed, cut out, and adhered.  The corgi is from Eat Cake Graphics, stamped on a piece of felted paper.  Another hint: don't use copics on felted paper!  Pencils work much better.  The hat is from The Cat's Pajama's, stamped on red felted paper with some snow-writer accents (have I mentioned my hatred of the snow writer recently?  It is evil, but looks good).  Another hint: line the back of your felted paper with some clear packing tape before cutting out to make it a bit sturdier.  Here's a corgi close-up:

Merry Christmas to all of you....I hope you get everything you want for Christmas!

(except the corgi is all mine!!)

7 comments:

Crafty Math Chick said...

I LOVE this Meg! Totally AWESOME! AWWWW! I am sure hubby will LOVE this! Merry Christmas my friend.
~Meredith

Emily Keaton said...

Meg, this is absolutely fabulous!!! What a fun and creative card. Perfect for your hubby!! (Love thost Picnik lights, too.) Merry Christmas!!

Angela said...

Holy cannoli, chick! You have mad cutting skillz. And way more patience than I ever will.

Love your picnik-y effects too :)

Give Addie a skritch for me. Merry Christmas!

Lindsey said...

Okay, this is genius! Except for deciding to cut out Each. Letter. Separately. Yikes! You must have been seeing stripes in your sleep! All worth it, though. Love the inside part, too!

Ann said...

Eeee! TOO cute!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my goodness.....you cut all those letters by hand?! Meg. Wow. Yikes. Does not sound like fun but boy is it cute especially as an easel card with your dog in the oval. oh that is sooooooooooooo cute. Love it.

Emily Leiphart said...

Meg, this is SUUUPER (with cut out letters)!!! The Corgi part is pure perfection and oh so adorable. I'm betting DH loved this. ;)