Monday, September 13, 2010

Just a Quick Post...

To let you know I'm still here and to share two recent cards.

I got my new stamps from Impress last week, along with a handstamped thank you note, which actually turned out to be quite frustrating because I have no idea how they stamped their image so cleanly and have been trying to duplicate it without much success.  I'll have to take a picture of it and post it because it really is crazy.  Anyway, I do like how these stamps stamped!  I bought some of their ink, and used Pink Lemonade and Slate on River Rock and Ocean Tides for this card.  I also debossed the Ocean Tides layer with PTI Linen Impression Plate (note: if you're sending a kraft card folded over through with an impression plate, you probably don't need to use the cereal box shim.  In a related story, why is it always the "good" B plate that cracks, not the one that you've been needing to replace for the last six months?).
Ok, I know that middle circle is U-G-L-Y.  Imagine that I did it on a white circle.  And that my stamp cleaned up nicely after the first time, so I didn't have ugly spots on the "29th" when I tried to use orange which I then had to cover up with the blue.  Really just focus on that fun medallion.  This was for today's CAS challenge to use this wreath as inspiration.  I markered up my medallion using SU markers, stamped it, cut it out, and mounted it on Raspberry Fizz.  Then the middle circle part just went downhill, but now I'm totally over making this card.  Do you ever get that way sometimes?  I might come back to it later this week and try to fix it, or I may just put it in the "donate" pile.

I hope y'all have had a non-donate pile crafty day today (unless, of course, you were actually making the card with the purpose to donate, in which case, rock on, sistah!).

7 comments:

Angela said...

The impress goodies are quite fun! I was just checking out their shop, too. Love that peony-ish flower! Sorry about your plate, though. I use mine in a Big Shot, and it's a tough crank. Gotta work on that sandwich.
Love the medallion!! Amazing marker work. I'm sorry you don't like the center, but I think it's quite cheery!

Karen H. said...

Love the cards Meg. Sorry B plate broke, I always have a hard time embossing an entire card.

Love your "wreath" card - that is such a fun use of the medallion stamp!

Melina said...

I absolutely love that first card! Great CAS! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Oohhh, those are gorgeous flower images on your first card and the linen impression is lovely! I think your images inked just fine... maybe try Vivid inks? They always ink solidly for me even when I don't want them to!

You KNOW I love that medallion. I don't see any ugliness at all. It's so lovely and cheery, you're welcome to send me that card. Heehee.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Love the first card. I broke an acrylic plate last week trying to make my sandwich for the PTI impression plate and yep- it was a new one!
THANKFULLY I'm a hoarder, so I had a new plate at home :)
I really like the second card too! The medallion is awesome!
Maria

Lisa Lara said...

I love both of these Meg. Beautiful. I love all the color for the CAS challenge. Hi.

C said...

Yikes...PTI impression folders crack plates. Not good.

Love, love that texture though...it's a fabulous touch...beautiful card and you know I think that circle is just fine! Dona worry 'bout it!