Monday, September 6, 2010

Caution: Extreme Sweetness Ahead!

Don't say I didn't warn you....

Good thing my DH is used to such sugary sweetness from me. I've had this photo in my google notebook for ages-it was posted on the Pioneer Woman Photography dog photo contest. And then when I saw the sentiment sticker in my Echo Park paper pack, it reminded me of this mug I just bought for DH, the inside of which reads, "Life doesn't get any better than this." So everything came together in one perfect storm of a card! The boy and girl image is from Rubber Romance, colored with copics. Her dress is paper pieced from one of the Echo Park papers--it even has little hearts on it. His pants are cut from kraft. The dog is from Eat Cake Graphics, I masked his foot and her leg before I stamped her. I colored her with copics, then used prismacolor pencils to add some fur texture.

The frame is another birthday gift. It is the Spellbinder's polka dot frame die. I cut it from PTI Dark Chocolate, then sponged PTI Hawiian Shores for the polka dots. I really wanted to use the frame, but it was originally too small for the image. So I cut it half and used some extenders that I then covered up with the sticker and ribbon:
I decided to just leave it as a frame piece and not make it into a card, so my final step was adding a stand to the back-just a 2x6-ish strip of cardstock scored about 1/3 of the way:

You can also see where I stuck the sticker onto a piece of scrap paper. ;)

I hope everyone is enjoying the extra day off. I think I may stay in my craft room and give today's CAS challenge a try! Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Angela said...

The frame idea is genius. Love the extreme cuteness of the image, too. I'm sure the DH will be delighted :) Happy day off!

Cheryl said...

This is so sweet! I love how you combined all the images. The frame is fabulous. I bet DH just loves it.

Emily Keaton said...

ADORABLE!!! I loved seeing your trail of inspiration for this fantastic creation, Meg. Way to go making what you had work for this. And I love how you made your frame!! Super duper, through and through.

Emily Leiphart said...

Awww, this is really sweet and super awesome!! Would you believe if I told you I actually reached out to pet the fuzzy blue dots on my monitor? LOL I totally love it and I'm sure DH does, too!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Awww, I love this!!! What a perfect combo of your 'perfect storm' - ha ha!!! I love that you made it into a frame and that you extended the frame itself! I would of tossed the idea and figured something out - but I'm so glad to see what you did by extending it! Awesome :)

And yes, I have tried Dibs - great reminder!! THanks :)
Maria

KER said...

yes very sweet...i love the way you did the easel back