Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Re-enactment


I made this card the other day and wasn't going to post it because it's a re-enactment of a very random you-tube video.  But then yesterday I found out that I made it into the Paper Craft Gallery Idol Top Twenty and it turned in to a re-enactment of me!!!!!  So first the video:

I could watch this video daily and still not get tired of it. Ok, maybe I have watched this video daily and still not gotten tired of it.  "The maple-flavored kind?" along with the "AHHH!" at the end have become conversational phrases between my DH and myself.  So now that you know the video, here's the card:
"Ok," you're thinking, "what does this have to do with finding out you're in the top twenty?"
Because this is the inside of the card:
(My AHH was of course a good-if-not-a-wee-bit-overwhelmed AHH, not a you-fed-it-to-the-cat AHHHH.)
I copied the shark pop-up from Robert Sabuda's pop-up website (a website about pop-up books, not about internet pop-up ads.  You should definitely check out his website and his books!) into the Silhouette studio and edited the mouth to get rid of the teeth.  The ears are the shark's fin.

The next challenge is DIY embellishments, which has my brain on overdrive.  Voting begins Monday and by the looks of the other top twenty cards, I've got quite a lot of competition, so I'll definitely be asking for your help.

The maple-flavored kind of help, of course.

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

OMG girl....I'm thrilled to see your oh-so-fabulous card in the Gallery Idol Top 20....yahoooooooooooo!!!!! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for the DIY embellies...good luck to you sista:)

KER said...

love the vid and the card!!...congrats

Lindsey said...

LOVE the video... I'd share it with my dog-loving brother, except he never denies his dogs anything, so he wouldn't get it. :P
Your card is hilarious -- love it! And I can't wait to see what over-the-top-awesomeness you dazzle us with for the next Gallery Idol round!

Emily Leiphart said...

WOOT!! I love that one of my besties made it into Gallery Idol's Top 20! I only squealed just a little bit. ;)

I love how the yellow and blue look against the black and you are so creative with the inside!

I'm looking forward to seeing Monday's card!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yah for you!!!
Yah for the awesome card!! Yah for the INSIDE of the awesome card!!

Don't you just LOVE that video!! I showed it to a few guests last Friday night! They were rolling on the ground!!!!!

Congrats again :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

SUPER huge congrats!!! I was so excited to see your name in the top 20!! And your chosen card--to die for! I'll be rooting you on. Woo hoo!

Emily Keaton said...

Congratulations again, Meg!! Wishing you the best of luck while you create your next Gallery Idol entry. Can't wait to see what you come up with!! HAVE FUN!!

Jennifer said...

OMG!!!! DH and I LOVE this video too.. this is toooo AWESOME!!! LOVE IT!!!

Angela said...

my goodness, has silhouette come knocking on your door yet? Everything you make is so absolutely freakin' fabulous and inventive!! Also, I think you and Mr. Corgi have even more catchphrases than my Mr. and I, if that's possible! Nice.

Finally, CONGRATS!!! (again) on making the Top 20 -- you'll rock the next round for sho'!

Jessi Fogan said...

AHHHHHHHHH!

Isn't it awesome having that fun shorthand with someone? I knew I had to tell you this: my hubs set up our new wireless connection this weekend, and the network? As you wish. And the password includes bacon. Possibly too cute? Maybe.

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my gosh...we joke about bacon in our family all the time and love this video! We are always buying bacon books or cards! this is just perfecto!

Cristina said...

This is so funny!! I will show it to my husband, since he loves that video too! :-)

Michele said...

How funny!