Sunday, November 28, 2010

Joy!

Arg!  I made this card for last week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, but forgot to post it and link it up before I left for Thanksgiving!  Oh well, at least it's also for Wplus9's Color Cue 10 challenge (I used Hannah Craner's light blue, white, red, and kraft combo), which is still open!
The "Joy" stamp is from Taylored Expressions, colored with copics (B00, BG10, and BG23 for the blue, R22, R24, and R27 for the red). The dotted border is Waltzingmouse, then I cut and embossed using Nestie Labels 4.  The paper is..you guessed it, Echo Park!  Added some red baker's twine and embossed the card base using PTI's text impression plate, and ta-da!

My Christmas card box is getting more and more cards added to it...I hope there'll be enough when I start sending them out!

As I mentioned, I was out of town for Thanksgiving, so I did not get to wish everyone a happy day and let you know how thankful I am for all the inspiration from your blogs and all the warm fuzzies from your comments.  And how thankful I am to have found not only a hobby that I love, but that has some of the most awesomest [1] supportive people on the interwebs!

Thank you!!!

[1] Yes, "most awesomest," because y'all are that awesome.

9 comments:

Angela said...

Ooh, double superlative AND use of poetic license? Nice. Like the card too, of course -- the color choices are just great. Love the texture and twine too. And the layout. Ooh, I feel a case coming on....
Glad you're back!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful colouring, fab stamp, great layout... love this card!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving Meg!
BIG HUGS! your card is very pretty too!
~Meredith

~amy~ said...

fabbie card...love how the colors just pop off of the kraft! happy monday!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty Meg! I love the colors and the clean design.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is just beautiful, Meg! LOVE that little bit of twine! So glad you posted it for the Color Cue!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oohhh, aaaah, I really love this one, Meg!! The CAS design, the nestie label, the twine and of course the kraft are all so perfect together.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Oh - I love this color combo!!! The birdie looks so happy on the "J"!
I too was away for Thanksgiving. I gotta say - I enjoyed the break!
Welcome back!!
Maria

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Meg. I love this. I just love the texture to the card base. Nice. Love the colors. I love Echo Park too. Thank you for the Bday wish.