Sunday, July 11, 2010

New Stuff!


I finally got all my packages delivered Friday from online orders that I placed two weeks ago! I am now the proud owner of October Afternoon Thrift Store and Fly a Kite 8x8 paper pads. Why did I not think I needed them when they first came out? And it just so happened that they had some great patterns to use with this week's 100th Color Throwdown celebration, although since leaving some comments on a few of the blogs involved I feel my chances of winning are slim to none (ETA: I meant that as: "wowza! there are a lot of people entered and leaving comments," not as a complaint.). Nonetheless, I think I like this card, but I'm not sure. I used this week's Card Patterns Sketch and I liked all of their cards but mine feels wonky. I added the pink clips at the top and that seemed to help, but maybe it needs a sentiment tag off the button? Pink ribbon instead of twine? Red twine? A mat for the image?

This next card was for Friday's Free For All Challenge--use something new! Not a hard one for me!

I used my new Best Wishes & Blooms set from Unity, my new My Mind's Eye Love Me Do paper pack, and my new Martha Stewart hydrangea punch. The sentiment is from PTI birthday basics, stamped in Memento Rubarb onto PTI Hawaiian Shores, with two dots of yellow stickle accents.

I also submitted two cards I made Saturday for a magazine call. It's my first time to submit anything. Have you ever submitted a card? Ever been published? Do tell!

10 comments:

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Those are some bright and cheerful cards! I love both of them! The first one is perfect - I don't see any wonky-ness to it! I might try that sketch this week!
Love the flowers in the second one too! Great cards Meg :)
Maria

Cheryl said...

I love both of your cheery cards. I love the vintage feel created with the papers and patchwork effect on the first one. I don't think it is wonky at all.

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Emily Leiphart said...

Oohhh, such yummy papers, Meg! It's like Christmas whenever I get a new box of crafty goodness. :D I love both cards and I don't think you need to change anything on the first one. I really love those cute little tabs at the top!

Teresa Kline said...

both cards are fabulous, I adore the first one...have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Angela said...

Great cards as always, Meg -- completely wonky-free! Maybe it just looks odd to you w/o a sentiment, but I think it looks grand. Vintage Picnic is so fun to use; guess it's time to break it out again! Have a delightful evening.

Unknown said...

Both cards are so pretty! I LOVE the use of those DPs on the first card!
Thank you for playing along the CTD 100th with us.

dj said...

both card are fantastic...I especially love the patch work card using all those great pieces of dp!! Thanks for playing along with this special 100th Color Throwdown challenge !! Don't forget to "hop" around to all the blog stops and leave some love...this will make the members of the blog hop happy as well as increase your chances of winning!!

Lea L. said...

These are both lovely! I love the patchwork background on that first one...it is gorgeous!! Great job with the challenge!!

♥Lea

Kisa Peters said...

Both cards are fabulous! I have to admit though...I LOVE LOVE the quilted one! It's so precious!

Thanks so much for playing along!!

Colleen said...

Both of these are fab! Love the patchwork on the first and how you used the label shape on it!