Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year (also: where have I been?)

First of all, Happy Chinese New Year!  After getting the hint that it is the year of the dragon, I made this card to send to Emily of Art from the Heart:

Things that make me happy:
1) A*muse woodgrain paper in red
2) silver embossing
3) the dragon's feet working perfectly with the letters
4) getting this mailed on time. 
The dragon and sentiment are both from old A*muse.  I think both are still available from the new version, but "Happy" is being retired.

Other things that make me happy:
Yes, it's the Magic Kingdom!  Mr Corgi found a good airline deal, so we went over MLK weekend.  It was AWESOME (as usual).  I must admit the most awesome part was our hotel.  We use a credit card that gets us hotel points (with no annual fee, and we always pay off our bill every month, so it has cost us nothing) and this time we went all out and used them to stay at the Waldorf-Astoria.  This is what we got to see out from our balcony or window every night:
Pretty awesome, huh?  This was our view in the daytime:
If anyone out there is planning a Disney trip, I would highly recommend The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. By following the touring plans in the book (they even have little tear-out copies to carry), we rode every major ride twice and the longest we waited was about 30 minutes. 

I just love Disney, but we also have love for SeaWorld, especially when there is a baby whale involved!  So I'll just end with that for today:
Eek!  So cute!  

12 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

SO excited you got to go to Disney! I planned a "spur of the moment" trip a couple of years ago and we had a blast! I think we may try to go again this summer. The boys are dying to go check out the Harry Potter stuff at Universal, too.
Your card is FABULOUS! Emily is sure to love it. :)

Anonymous said...

adorable CNY card! that dragon is sooooo cool.

Jen W. said...

Such a perfect card for Miss Emily! The red woodgrain and red twine are awesomeness!
Glad you had a good trip and that view from your hotel rocks!!

Christiana said...

Awesome card! I enjoyed looking at your pictures, too.

Christiana said...

By the way, have you seen this digi stamp? The minute I saw it, I thought of you! http://knkdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/09/corgis-hero.html

Lindsey said...

I just want to start by saying boo to Reader for not showing me you posted this -- sorry I'm so late! Awesome card, and it really is amazing how perfectly the dragon sits on the HAPPY. Ya gotta love it when things actually work that way. (And congrats on getting it sent on time. Mine, not so much. :P)
Disney World -- oh how I'd love to go there again! Although it looks colder than Florida should be. Baby whale -- eek here, too! :)

Ruth G said...

Thanks for sharing about your trip! I'm a devotee of the Unofficial Guides, also! It was by following their advice to arrive before the parks open that enabled our family to become the Family of the Day for The Seas pavilion in Epcot and get some pretty fun perks (ironically, it threw our touring plan right out the window), but the plans do help you to focus on what you want to do and when and how to do that, so gotta love that! Thanks again for sharing!

Emily Leiphart said...

I DO lovey my card indeed, Meg! Thank you! And those are the cutest photos of Disney, especially the one with you and DH as well as the baby whale performing with its Mom. OMG!!! :D

Jessi Fogan said...

How come this post didn't pop up in my reader? (so confused...) but I'm glad I clicked through anyway & found it :) Love that fierce little dragon - how can he be cute & fierce at the same time? lol
And woohoo! on your trip :) What an amazing view!

Sue from Oregon said...

Very fun! Where you be these days Meg? Been missing you!

Lisa Lara said...

MEG, hi old friend. Happy to see you and having fun. Cool card.

Elevate IGF said...

Weight remained the equivalent in the course of the most recent a month Your answer will uncover what you have to do in relationship to weight reduction On the off chance that your weight has. http://testoupmaxfacts.com