Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!  Are any of y'all planning on venturing out tonight?  Fill me in on your awesome plans!  I think DH is cooking me a nice steak, served with a amaretto sour, of course.  Speaking of DH, here is my {second} card for him:
This card is also for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  The poochie is from There She Goes Puppy Love set.  It was a gift from DH, so double awesome (the fact that it is a dog is first awesome)!  I colored her with copics, then stamped a Waltzingmouse Vintage Labels 4 border in Bashful Blue.  Each layer is attached with pop dots for some great dimension.

The sentiment is from The Cat's Pajamas, with a little Martha punch action at the end.  Of course I had to use some of my favorite paper, and I added a little stitching for fun.  The top corner seemed lonely, so I made some 3 faux brads using Real Red cardstock.

The second Valentine is for my friend to give to her husband.  I couldn't resist these little turtles from Amber Ink!
This one is also for the Embellish Color Trends Challenge. In Word, I drew a 4 x 5.25 rectangle, then inserted the row of turtles.  I resized them to be .8 inches tall, then copied and pasted the picture until I had 5 rows of turtles (I flipped some of them horizontally to break up the pattern a bit).  After printing and cutting, I colored the two that were gazing at each other with copics, then added some glossy accents to their shells.  The sentiment is from Unity, die cut with scallop circle nestability.  Then I matted the image with Kiwi Kiss and adhered to an Ocean Tides base.  Here's a close up of the turtles so you can check out the shiny shells:
I hope y'all have a wonderful Valentine's day!

19 comments:

Lindsey said...

You have a way with critters, Meg! That puppy is the sweetest, and the whole card is awesome. And those turtles finding each other across a crowded room, er, card? Too cute! Wonderful colouring on both. :)

Sue from Oregon said...

Amazing cards Meg...very creative with the turtles...I tried that last week and you should have seen my poor stretch out turtles...I thought they looks fine until I printed them! LOL

Angela said...

Oh, both cards are so cute! I love the puppy (maybe as much as you love that dp!), and your turtles are just adorable. They look so happy to have found each other :)

Have fun with your steak-and-sour!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love your designs, Meg! Both cards are as sweet as can be. LOVE that cute puppy from TSG and the repeating turtles on your AI card is pure genius. The two that are coloured is a great way to make those Embellish colours work! Have a fabulous Valentine's Day!!

Karin said...

Love, love, LOVE the inventive turtle card! Amazing design and concept...The pup is just too cute for words too :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute cards Meg! That little dog is so cute and I love how he is framed with a WM label! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

What great designs! Love the doggie one - makes me smile! Thanks so much for joining Embellishes Color Trends with Hearts challenge!

Amber Alvarez said...

Brilliant! You really take the cake, lady! I love both and would NEVER have thought to do that with the turtles. I love your ingenuity.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Lovin' both cards!!
That pup is so friggin' adorable on the first card! Your hubby will love it!!!! Colored brilliantly too!!!

That second card rocks!! I love the rows of turtles!!!! Great job today!!
Maria

Pam said...

Brill. Absolutely brill.

Cheryl said...

Fabulous cards! I really love the turtles - very clever design. Happy Valentine's Day!

Savitri said...

This is adorable!! LOVE how you colored the turtles! Thanks for playing with the WMSC!

Deborah Frings said...

I love that puppy!! Such a sweet sentiment too.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Adorable!!! What a fun idea - soooo cute!

wendyp said...

(gasp) LOVE how you used these turtle images! Super cute!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Cute as can be, Miss Meg! I love the turtles! :)

Poppit said...

Two VERY cute cards! I just love what you've done with those turtles. Too adorable!

Paula Bee said...

Adorable cards! I just love that little puppy...and thost turtles are adorable!

Lenet said...

Beautiful card , love the sentiment. I think those turtles are to cute.
Thanks for joining us at WMSC.