Monday, October 11, 2010

Another CASE study!

I was so un-inspired yesterday when I sat down to stamp.  I kept on debating between different stamps, challenges, and cards that I finally asked DH to pick out a stamp at random from my stamp index for me to work with.  Of course, I didn't use what he suggested, but it got my mind going and soon I was rockin' and rollin' on my way to making this card:

I was inspired by this week's CASE study challenge, which was this beautiful card by Barbara Anders.  I was also inspired by a recent shoe purchase.  It was a sad, sad day last year when I finally realized I can't wear heels every day to school and still be able to, you know, "walk."  So I'm trying my best to find the cutest almost-flat-but-not-totally shoes (wedges are also acceptable, especially if it's a test day).  I found a pair of Naturalizer shoes that I liked so much I bought them in brown and black.  They're still not perfect, but at least I can stand up all day in them, and they look reasonably fashionable.  (My other current favorite is a pair of black ballet flats from Life Stride called "Meg!")  Anyway, I've been keeping the box for both card storage and because I thought the color scheme would make a great card.  Here is a comparision shot:
PTI Cream, Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, and Berry Sorbet were perfect matches!  I stamped some text style II onto the PTI butterfly and added some pearls I colored with a copic and a wire body.  The leaf is from WPlus9, stamped in Old Olive classic ink (hence the not-perfect coverage, but I was going for a "nothing's perfect in nature look").  Added a border punch, PTI sentiment, and ribbon, and also debossed the chocolate layer with PTI's wordy impression plate (not its technical name).  (Side note: I think "beautiful" may be a bit of a stretch there, naturalizer.   Maybe "Reasonably cute feels so good?")

As some of you may know, I am addicted to Picnik.  They just added their halloween effects, so I'll end this post with someone who is actually too cute to spook, but is at least a little scary with the "ghostify" effect, right?
No, wait, actually, she's still just cute!

8 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Meg, your card is STUNNING! Cute shoes or not, the box is fabulous and I love how it inspired you to use those colours with a pop of pink. The texty butterfly is beautiful!

Addison is still cute and not scary at all. ;Þ

Angela said...

Well, now I think we need to see the shoes! The card is very cute -- love those colors together (and you know berry sorbet and I are not exactly friends).
Addison is the cutest "scary" pup I've ever seen! I may need to investigate Picnik for that effect alone! Is it Mac-friendly? Hmmm...

Charlene said...

Great box and just shows that great inspiration can come from anywhere. Love those colors, Meg...and yes, cute rules.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a great colour combination indeed - one of my all-time favourites! It's a great card, very stylish, and the leaf stamp is gorgeous! Thank you for playing with us this week! xxx

Emily Keaton said...

Awesome card, Meg! I love that your shoe box inspired the colors :)

Chris said...

It was so much fun to sponsor CASE study this past week - thanks for playing along! The colors are beautiful and I always love ferns!

Crafty Creations said...

I hate feeling uninspired too - but you pulled out of it great! Isn't Barbara an inspiration!!!??? I waited in the PTI line with her in Orlando at the stamp show and we had fun for the hour we were in line. Since I didnt know about PTI stamps, she was a HUGE help!!!

Love the picture of the pup! Boo!
Maria

Cheryl said...

Wowza - I love this!